Summer Missions 2021
God can capture the ordinary and make it extraordinary.
Peace Youth and Families,
The past year has shown us so much. It has taught us to love and appreciate one another, to value the experiences that we are able to have, and to remember that some ordinary things can become extraordinary. And, we're diving into that with our Summer mission experiences this year!
We will have two different mission experiences in June for both our Middle Schoolers and our High Schoolers:
June 12th & 13th - Middle School Mission Experience | Orlando, FL | Rising 7th- 9th Graders | Daytime Only | $60
June 14th - June 18th - High School Mission Trip | Mt. Dora, FL | Rising 9th Graders - Graduated Seniors | Overnight Experience | $150
We are so excited about these extraordinary opportunities and ask each of our youth to prayerfully consider attending our Summer Mission Experiences this June!
Find out complete details about both trips and sign up online by Sunday, May 16th. Payment and Paperwork is due by Sunday, May 30th. Please understand all trip details are subject to change. We are praying for a wonderful and safe experience for everyone!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to Director of Student Ministries, Emma Harmon, at email@example.com.
Middle School Mission Experience
Saturday, June 12th - Sunday, June 13th
- Extraordinary Weekend Experience for our Middle Schoolers (Rising 7th - 9th Graders) serving locally in Hunters Creek with Church projects and Church Members’ needs with time for faith, fun, and fellowship.
- Trip Cost: $60 (Payment due by May 30th at peaceumcgiving.org/youth)
Saturday, June 12th:
8am - Arrival at Peace Church
8:30am - Devotion
9am - Service Project
12:00pm - Lunch
12:30pm - Service Project
3:30pm - Afternoon Activity
5pm - Free Time
6:30pm - Dinner
8pm - Devotion
9pm - Pick-up (Students go home to sleep)
Sunday, June 13th:
9am - Arrive at Peace Church
9:15am - Devotion
10:30am - Worship at Peace
11:30am - Lunch
12:00pm - Depart for Fun Day (bring money for snacks/souvenirs)
4pm - Final Devotion
6pm - Pick up from Church
(All listed meals and experiences provided)
- Clothes you don't mind getting dirty or paint
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Change of Clothes & shoes
- Face Covering/Mask (bring 2 to be safe!)
- A reusable water bottle
- Journal & Bible & Pen
- Games for Free Time
- Extra Snacks
High School Mission Trip
Monday, June 14th - Friday, June 18th
- Extraordinary Week Long Experience for our High Schoolers (Rising 9th Graders - Graduated Seniors) in Mt. Dora, Florida.
- Service: Our High Schoolers will be serving at Puzzle Ranch in Sorrento, FL, an organization who's mission is to create a place for families affected by Autism, and other disabilities, to enjoy the outdoors, ride horses and have fun. We will be serving Puzzle Ranch to assist with building structures, cleaning, and organizing outdoor projects to further assist with their mission.
- Housing: First UMC of Mount Dora (439 E Fifth Avenue, Mount Dora, FL, 32757)
- Trip Cost: $150 (Payment due by May 30th at peaceumcgiving.org/youth)
Monday, June 14th:
12:30pm - Arrive at Peace Church
1:00pm - Depart for Mount Dora (Stopping on the way for snacks/lunch (not provided))
3:00pm - Arrive at First UMC Mount Dora
5:30pm - Dinner
6:30pm - Evening Activity
8:00pm - Devotion
10:00pm - Lights Out
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday:
7:30am - Wake Up, Breakfast, & Pack Lunch
8:30am - Morning Devotion
9am - Depart for Service Day at Puzzle Ranch (Lunch eaten at Service Site)
3:30pm - Showers
5pm - Back to Church, Free Time, Dinner Prep
6:00pm - Dinner
7:00pm - Evening Activity
8:30pm - Devotion
10:30pm - Lights Out
Friday, June 18th:
7:30am - Wake Up, Breakfast, Pack Lunch
8:30am - Pack up and Depart for Fun Day
9:30am - Arrive at Wekiwa Springs
(Swimming, Hiking, Biking, Kayaking, Canoeing, Paddle boarding)
3:00pm - Depart for Peace Church
5:00pm - Pick up from Peace Church
(All listed meals and experiences provided, unless designated)
- At least 6 Masks/Face Coverings
- Short-sleeved shirts, Shorts
- Long pants for work projects
- Long-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts and/or light jacket for cool nights
- Change of clothes daily for evening activities
- Nice outfit for evening activity
- Underwear and socks
- Closed Toed Tennis shoes or work boots
- Swimsuit for Springs & for showering if you wish
- Towel and washcloth
- Shower shoes (flip-flops)
- Small shower bag or backpack
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, other toiletries, extra contact lenses, backup pair of glasses, etc.
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Twin Sized Air mattress or camping pad for sleeping on floors
- Chargers for (necessary) Electronic Devices
- Only necessary Electronics
- Bible, Journal, and pen
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunscreen, lip balm, hat, sunglasses
- Spending money for snacks & other activities
*For spacing purposes, ONE BAG only.
We are committed to our Wesleyan Principle of "Do No Harm" and are trying to provide lowest possible risks to potential exposure to COVID-19. (These are subject to change.) Here are a few of our safety measures that will occur must be agreed to and followed by all students participating in our 2021 Summer Mission Experiences.
- Masks will be required at all times (except when eating, outdoors socially distanced, and sleeping (HS only))
- When traveling to locations, we will only utilize half capacity on our vehicles.
- We will have 1 adult leader in charge of the kitchen preparing meals and all being eaten outside.
- For afternoon/evening/fun day activities: we will primarily plan for outdoor locations and places that encourage/require masks
- We will periodically do temperature checks for all participants and frequent sanitation of any frequently touched areas
- Participants should not attend the trip if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed and directed to quarantine. If any participant while on our trip starts to show symptoms of COVID, they will be isolated and monitored, getting tested as soon as possible. Contact tracing will occur.
Additional safety needs for High School Mission Trip:
- Proof of negative COVID test (within 72 hrs of June 14th) and/or Full Vaccination (for those able to receive it - must have had last dose by May 31st to be considered Fully Vaccinated) will be required upon arrival to the High School Mission Trip.
- Students will be assigned sleeping areas that are 6 or more feet apart from one another. Sleeping spaces will have open doors for circulation.
- Special precautions will be made for showering, getting ready, etc. to maintain social distancing.
All participants on both Middle & High School experiences must have submit our new 2021-2022 Medical Liability Waiver (with notary) and 2021-2022 Safety Expectations Agreement and return by Sunday, May 30th. (In person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) High School Mission Trip Participants will be required to bring proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test (within 72 hrs of June 14th) upon arrival to the Mission Trip.
|Middle School||High School|